Book now for our 2022 tour season (April-October).
About The Stables
In Longreach’s heritage precinct, The Stables at The Staging Post are unique 4-star rooms designed by the Kinnon family to immerse you in the outback pioneering world. You’ll enjoy evocative and quirky touches inspired by the pioneer era but you’ll also have every comfort you need for sweet dreams. Our family rooms give space for the youngsters or for friends sharing.
The complex is in Eagle Street opposite the reception at The Welcome Home. Just wander through the landscaped, outback courtyard with its pioneer vehicles and explore town with its shops, restaurants, cafés and pubs. You’ll really feel you’re part of the pioneer world when the coach lanterns are lit at night and when the stagecoach clip-clops past in the morning.
These rooms feature
- Choice of room configurations: a standard room sleeps 3 in a queen and single; family rooms sleeps 5 in a queen and 3 singles.
- Ensuite with feature shower
- Tea- and coffee-making facilities
- Microwave (family rooms only)
- TV and Wi-Fi
- Shared laundry facilities
- The Saddlery games and TV room
- Landscaped courtyard with vintage vehicles
Things you'll love
Things to know
- Rooms are serviced with fresh linen for your arrival and weekly for longer stays
- Reception is across the road at the Welcome Home (128 Eagle Street)
- Big buffet breakfast is available at The Welcome Home (Monday-Saturday, April-October)
- There is free on-street parking and access for unloading
- Check in is from 3pm, check out at 10am
- Transfers to airport and station are available
- The accommodation is open year-round
From our guests
The rooms are glorious and rustic whilst having all the comforts you want in a quality motel. Historical buggies fill the courtyard, and multiple outdoor seating is available if you’d like to sit and watch the sunrise or set!
The property was very authentic pioneer style and really appreciated the wonderful decor and layout to make it feel authentic with modern convenience. Was fun! Horse-drawn carriages and buggies out the front were amazing. All amenities were in excellent order and excellent quality fittings and furnishings.
Loved the decor and vibe of the room. The beds were comfy. The bathroom setup was unique and functional (I loved the huge showerhead). my friend said it was the best accommodation on our 10 day outback Qld trip and I agree with her.