About this experience
This is the highlight of a trip to Longreach for many guests! You clamber aboard the old stagecoach, just as a pioneer would have done, while the team of horses wait patiently. Then it’s off with creaks and rattles to the old Longreach-Windorah mail route. There you’ll travel along the bush track, before a short gallop to ‘outrun the storm’. This is the only place in Australia you can gallop in a stagecoach!
The experience also includes a delicious outback smoko (morning tea), a classic bush movie in the old theatrette and the Harry Redford Old Time Tent Show.
Wear old clothes as it can be a dusty ride and discover your pioneering spirit!
- Stagecoach ride on the original Longreach-Windorah mail route
- Informative and fun commentary
- A gallop down the bush track
- The best outback smoko (morning tea)
- A family-friendly classic movie with popcorn in traditional theatrette
- The hilarious Harry Redford Old Tent Show.
Things you'll love
Things to know
- This is a 4-hour experience (the stagecoach ride is approximately 45 minutes)
- The experience runs Monday-Friday in the April-October season
- The stagecoach leaves from the Cobb & Co Courtyard behind the Station Store
- A billy-can lunch is available as an optional extra
- Let us know when you book for gluten-free or vegetarian options
- All our animals are trained to RSPCA-approved standards
- Bookings are essential to save your place.
From our guests
What a fantastic adventure we had riding the stagecoach in Longreach. Highly recommended activity….a definite Must Do with Outback Pioneers. Scones, jam and cream in the vintage set kitchen and then an exhilarating ride around the town. back roads. What a fun time we had!
A thrilling experience with 5 burly horses pulling a coach full of people. The galloping horses were amazing… The tent show was amusing with well trained dogs, donkey and actors. Great setting and excellent scones. On this trip we have had many amazing experiences but the Cobb and Co Coach ride tops them all.
This is definitely one for your bucket list. Absolutely amazing going on the carriage. If you can, be outside. Morning tea…perfect and the tent show was really funny. Hospitality cannot fault it. Best time ever.
Book your experience
Is this experience suitable for those with bad backs?
The gallop is only a short section of the ride and on soft tracks. People are surprised how comfortable it is. The decision is yours but many of our passengers are older people with less robust bodies!
Is there disability access?
We provide an extra stair and strong arms to help you get into the stagecoach.
Can we just do the stagecoach ride?
The stagecoach ride is only available separately for groups - minimum 13 people.
What time should we arrive for the experience?
Please see your booking confirmation and ticket for details as times vary.
How long is the stagecoach ride?
You will be on the stagecoach for around 45 minutes, including a ride through town and out into the bush.