OUTBACK PIONEERS COVID-19 UPDATE 26 JUNE 2020
Like many businesses, we’re doing our best to adapt to the COVID-19 restrictions. The information below tells you the current situation with our Outback Pioneers experiences. Information may change so please check back soon or call us with any questions.
Outback Pioneers Nogo Station Experience restarts 2 July 2020
Our Nogo Station Experience will start again from Thursday 2 July. Initially it will be the usual Tuesdays and Thursdays but if things get busy we will add additional days. We’re only taking half the usual number of guests to allow for safe social distancing so please book well in advance.
Other Outback Pioneers experiences on hold
Sadly, we’re still not able to run our other holidays and experiences due to current distancing restrictions. It’s impossible for us to create a safely distanced environment in the small spaces of our stagecoach and boats, and the health of our guests and crew must come first. The following will not be available under the current restrictions:
- Unleash Longreach holiday
- Cobb & Co Stagecoach Experience
- Starlight’s Cruise Experience
- Winton Discovery Day Tour
- Stonegrill Dining Experience
- Harry Redford Old Time Tent Show.
Longreach Tourist Park open
Longreach Tourist Park is open and is a great place to stay to enjoy the outback atmosphere. Our tour desk there can help you with other tours and attractions in Longreach.
Extensive additional sanitisation and cleaning between guests have been introduced. Check out the LTP website for all the accommodation options.
If you have Outback Pioneers experiences or holidays booked
You can cancel your experiences right up to 24 hours before they were due to run. If you prefer, you can transfer your reservations to next season. Please get in touch with our reservations crew.
If you have Longreach Tourist Park accommodation booked
We are happy to rearrange your reservation for another date (subject to availability). If you need to cancel and can’t reschedule, we can give you credit for next year.
What we are doing to protect you
We already have very high statutory standards of hygiene for all our accommodation, facilities and food preparation but we understand the situation at the moment calls for even greater vigilance and precautions.
We are taking advice and recommendations from government as things change but have already introduced:
- extra deep cleaning of all surfaces in the accommodation between guests – this means sanitising everything from light switches to remote controls
- close monitoring of all staff to catch any signs of developing illness
- extra cleaning rounds for the amenities blocks and additional sanitising products for guests to use
- extra sanitising of all surfaces as well as all railings and seats on the Nogo Station transfer coach safari bus after each tour
- below-capacity number limits to allow for more distance between people.
For more information:
If you have any concerns or want to check out the current situation in Longreach please talk to our friendly crew on 07 4658 1776 or for Group bookings call 1300 819 968.