About this experience
Join a small group of fellow travellers for an evening with legendary stagecoach driver Ned Devine and his team of all-grey horses. Get into pioneer character and set off on an evocative stagecoach journey into the bush. Soak in the colours of the outback sky and linger awhile for refreshments at sunset before returning to town with the stagecoach lamps lit to have dinner with Ned.
You’ll discover the stories of stagecoach drivers but, most importantly, you’ll take home unique outback memories. This is a perfect choice for a special occasion but places are very limited so book early.
- Ned’s welcome and introduction to your fellow travellers
- Stagecoach journey through the bush with all-grey horses
- Disembark for traditional refreshments at sunset
- Special 2-course dinner with Ned at the Welcome Home (BYO alcohol).
Things you'll love
Things to know
- This is a 3.5-hour experience (the stagecoach ride is approximately 90 minutes, including a refreshment stop).
- The experience runs Tuesday and Friday in the April-October season.
- We ask you to immerse yourself in pioneer character when you arrive – not a major dress-up but just a few props to set the scene.
- The experience starts at The Welcome Home (128 Eagle Street).
- Let us know when you book for gluten-free or vegetarian options.
- BYO alcohol for dinner (kept safely for you while you’re on the coach)
- Bookings are essential to save your place.
From our guests
Absolutely fantastic, the sunset was amazing, the dinner was beautiful and the staff were brilliant. I couldn’t highly recommend them enough – 10 out of 10. Best experience ever!
Outback Pioneers and its staff gave us an authentic look at days gone past. The Sunset Cobb & Co Stagecoach ride was great. Highly recommend.
Book your experience
Is this experience suitable for those with bad backs?
This is a gentle ride on soft tracks. There may be some ruts in the track but it’s not a real bone-shaker! It’s ultimately your decision according to your particular condition.
Is there disability access?
We provide an extra stair and strong arms to help you get into the stagecoach.
What time should we arrive for the experience?
The experience start-time is from 5pm and may vary depending on sunset times. Please see your booking confirmation and ticket for details.
Is there a child or family price?
Because we want to keep this experience as a relaxed, VIP, adult occasion, we do not take bookings for children under 16.
Can I do the ride only?
No. We tell the Ned Devine story through the different stages of the experience and you need to do the whole thing to get full insights and enjoyment.
Can you pick me up from my accommodation?
Because this is a small group experience and it leaves from the heritage heart of town where most of our guests are staying, we don’t offer a pick-up. If you need a taxi, please ask our friendly crew for local taxi details.