About this experience
Back in the pioneer era, people flocked to the tent shows when they arrived in town. This show is inspired by the simple fun and humour of those days. Of course times have changed and we shudder at some of the original exhibits but we’ve still managed to pack in plenty of quirky humour and a few animal antics.
With a very loose connection to the Harry Redford story, this show will give you a laugh a minute outback style! Roll up any weekday at 12pm or see the show as part of your Cobb & Co Stagecoach Experience. Don’t forget to pre-order a Billy-can lunch to enjoy with the show.
- A fun hour with good-natured slapstick and clever animals
- Suitable for all ages – family friendly jokes
- Open-air auditorium with shaded seating (but hats and sunscreen recommended)
- Optional extra billy-can lunch to eat during the show (book in advance)
Things you'll love
Things to know
- This is a 1 hour show in the open-air auditorium behind The Welcome Home
- The show is on Monday–Friday at 12pm in the April-October season
- The show is included in the Cobb & Co Stagecoach Experience or is available separately
- Animals are all trained to RSPCA standards.
- Humour is family friendly but not always 100% politically correct (we laugh at everyone, especially ourselves)
- Bookings are recommended to save your place
From our guests
We had the best time ever. My little one loved the horses and the old time tent show.
The tent show was amusing with well trained dogs, donkey and actors.
The outback tent show was a must see, for a great laugh. All round awesome experience. Thanks to all involved.
Book your experience
What is in the billy-can lunch?
We pack you a hearty country sandwich, fruit, cookie and a soft drink. (Vegetarian and gluten-free available). Book in advance.
How do I book a billy-can lunch?
You can order at our booking office in Longreach (128 Eagle Street).
Where is the show held?
The show is in the covered open-air auditorium behind The Welcome Home. Enter through the Cobb & Co courtyard behind the Station Store.